One of my favorite desserts to make in the fall is definitely a classic apple pie!
Funny story: We love to go apple picking this time of year and I’ll never forget the first time I took the girls apple picking. My oldest was so excited that she could pick as many apples as can fill our bags and we seriously came home with enough apples to last us for months. Of course, since we couldn’t keep fresh apples for months, I instead tried to find as many recipes as I could to use those apples. On top of that, we ate apples for every single snack and side. After they were done, my kids would not eat another apple for at least 6 months! It was classic!
Well, a yummy apple pie was certainly on my list for apple based recipes to try. If you’re looking for an apple pie recipe this season, here’s a great one to try!
Mini Apple Pies Recipe
- 2 cups flour
- 2⁄3 cup butter (chilled)
- 1 tsp salt
- 4 tbsp water
- 2 red medium apples and 3 medium Gala apples (peeled and chopped up into small pieces)
- 3⁄4 cup sugar
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp apple pie spice
- 6 tbsp flour
- 2 tbsp butter (chilled)
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees.
- Place your muffin pan to the side
- Lightly dust it with flour for easier removal
- In food processor or Kitchen aid --blend flour, salt and butter until it looks like little peas.
- Add in water and blend just until it looks like it's sticking.
- Take out and knead it by hand until blended about 3-4 minutes
- Roll your dough out on lightly floured cutting board until its about 1/4 inch thick.
- Cut 24, 4 inch circles a cookie cutter for ease
- 12 are for the bottom of the pan the other 12 are for the top of the pie
- Press each circle in muffin tins until all the way up each side, to form little bowls.
- Set the other 12 to the side
- Mix by hand all filling ingredients and scoop into muffin bowls.
- Cut up butter into 12 little pieces and place one piece inside each pie.
- Take each circle and cut 1/2 lines to make strips you can have fun here and decorate how you like. We do a criss cross look most often
- Bake at 425 degrees for 16-18 minutes.
- When cool, they'll come right out
What is your favorite fall dessert to make?