Spicy Peach Salsa Recipe
One of the easiest sides to spice up any party is a delicious and festive salsa dip! Wouldn’t you agree? This spicy peach salsa is absolutely gorgeous! The combination of colors creates a beautiful presentation, while the delicious blend of sweet and spicy flavors makes it a wonderful addition to simply prepared fish, chicken or pork dishes.
Serve with foil packet citrusy orange roughy or other minimally seasoned fish, chicken or pork recipe. This can also be served in place of regular salsa with tortilla chips.
Tip: Soak the red onion in a cup of water for 10-15 minutes before using to reduce its strong flavor and odor.
- 6 fresh peaches, pits removed and cut into small pieces
- 3 T. fresh lime juice
- ½ medium shallot, minced
- 3 T. red onion, cut into small, thin slices
- 1-2 t. jalapeno peppers, seeds and veins removed, and very finely minced
- 3 T. fresh cilantro leaves, stems removed and chopped
- salt and pepper, to taste
- Combine all ingredients in a glass bowl and stir to combine. (Start with a very small amount of jalapeno pepper and taste before adding more). Season with salt and pepper. Cover with plastic wrap and store in the refrigerator overnight or on the counter at room temperature for at least 30 minutes.