I’m actually cracking up as a I put this post together because it has been an ongoing joke among my family and friends that if I were ever stranded on a deserted island, I would be able to survive with a just a Nestle Crunch Bar and Vaseline. I carry a tube of Vaseline in my purse at all times – and not always the travel size either, which only extends the joke the even further. Nonetheless, they are probably right – and I’m not ashamed at all. Besides the common and obvious uses for Vaseline, such as a lip moisturizer and dry skin healer, there are so many more great uses for Vaseline and I come up with more and more every day.
So, since most of us have a tub of Vaseline somewhere in the house (or in your purse if you’re cool like me), here are
15 very practical uses for Vaseline:
- Eye makeup remover –Apply a little dab to your eye lids and then wipe away with a tissue.
- Make your scent last longer – Before you spritz on perfume, dab a little on your pulse points first. Your scent will last a lot longer!
- DIY lip gloss –Mix a little red food dye or even cherry Kool-Aid to a dab of Vaseline for a quick, DIY lip gloss. Yes, it works!
- Tame those eyebrows – Using a clean mascara wand or just your fingertip, wipe a little Vaseline across your brows to keep them in place.
- Shine shoes – If you are out of shoe polish, a little Vaseline will do the trick!
- The perfect manicure – A little Vaseline around your cuticles while you apply nail polish will make for an easy cleanup.
- Stop squeaks – Apply a little Vaseline to squeaky door hinges or floor boards.
- Tame split ends –Use a little Vaseline on the ends of your hair to help tame the frizz and conceal split ends when you’re between trims.
- Highlight eye shadow – Add Vaseline to your eye shadow for a new great color!
- Keep hair dye off skin – If you are coloring your hair at home, spread a little Vaseline on your hair line to keep the color off your skin.
- Keep your smile fresh – When you’re in a setting where you’ll need to smile a lot (i.e. job fair, meet and greet, etc.)
- Quick fix for dry scalp – if you ever notice a few flakes in your hair part, just dab a little Vaseline to mask it for a little while. If you have thick hair, this can also be a permanent fix for dry scalp!
- Diaper rash prevention – Rub some Vaseline on your little one’s behind after every diaper change can help prevent diaper rash.
- Reinserting earrings – I don’t know about you, but my daughters seem to lose their earrings all of the time and reinserting them can be difficult without Vaseline.
- The placebo effect – Seriously, my kids get a scrape, burn, rash, etc. and all they want is a little Vaseline and a kiss from mommy. It works every time!
What other ways have you found to use Vaseline?