In the past few months, I’ve managed to really step up my workouts. I drop off the kids in the morning and go straight to the gym for about a whole hour and a half. That’s partially because I have my Fitbit competitors I’m trying to beat, but also partially because for the first time in my life, I have the time to put in that kind of work. I can’t forget though, that just a few months ago, I was working 60-70 hour work weeks and the thought of spending an hour and a half in the gym was completely insane.
Another great thing that came out of the Faith Hope Love Mom Conference I attended this past Saturday was this great cheat sheet of 5-5-Minute Workouts for Busy Moms, provided to us by therightkindofselfish.com to get me started. This gives me some hope that even on my busiest days, I can still dedicate some time to my health and fitness.
5-Minute Workouts for Busy Moms
- Set the kitchen or your phone timer for 5 minutes and walk up and down the stairs as fast as you can until the time is up.
- Complete a circuit of 10 jumping jacks, 10 squats, and 10 push ups until 5 minutes are up.
- Walk to the top of the stairs, get on all fours and lift each knee to the side 20 times. Then walk to the bottom of the stairs and complete 10 dips off the bottom stair. Repeat until the time is up.
- Complete a circuit of 20 high knees in place, 10 dips off the bottom stair, and 10 squats until the time is up.
- Minute 1- March in place. Minute 2 – Push ups, Minute 3- Jumping jacks, Minute 4-Squats, Minute 5 Bicycles on your back.
Do these 5 minute workouts AT LEAST 3 times a week or multiple times a day if you can and you’re on your way to better physical fitness!