The highly anticipated Marvel Studios’ Black Panther comes to theaters everywhere on 2/16/18 and I’m already preparing for tons of Black Panther Premiere parties and events. Just like we did for the movie Thor a few months ago, my hubby and I have been catching up on the comics and I am channeling my inner Wakandan warrior…
Here’s a brief synopsis of the film:
Marvel Studios’ Black Panther follows T’Challa who, after the death of his father, the King of Wakanda, returns home to the isolated, technologically advanced African nation to succeed to the throne and take his rightful place as king. But when a powerful old enemy reappears, T’Challa’s mettle as king—and Black Panther—is tested when he is drawn into a formidable conflict that puts the fate of Wakanda and the entire world at risk. Faced with treachery and danger, the young king must rally his allies and release the full power of Black Panther to defeat his foes and secure the safety of his people and their way of life.
“Black Panther” stars Chadwick Boseman, Michael B. Jordan, Lupita Nyong’o, Danai Gurira, Martin Freeman, Daniel Kaluuya, Letitia Wright, Winston Duke, with Angela Bassett, with Forest Whitaker, and Andy Serkis. Check out the full cast of Marvel’s Black Panther.
The film is directed by Ryan Coogler and produced by Kevin Feige with Louis D’Esposito, Victoria Alonso, Nate Moore, Jeffrey Chernov and Stan Lee serving as executive producers. Ryan Coogler & Joe Robert Cole wrote the screenplay.
Now to the fun part…
Here’s a really fun and tasty recipe you can try if you’re hosting your own Black Panther Premiere Party – Black Panther inspired Oreos!!! Check out the full recipe below and be sure to come back and share if you’ve tried it!
- 1 package of double stuffed oreos
- 2 Bags of milk chocolate ghiradelli melting wafers
- 2 egg whites
- 1/4 tsp cream of tarter
- 2 C powder sugar
- 1 disposable piping bag fitted with a number 2 tip
- 1 cookie sheet fitted with parchment paper
- Using a double boiler, melt the milk chocolate melting wafers
- Using a fork, dip in the oreos until fully coated
- Place oreos onto a cookie sheet and let dry for an hour
- While oreos are drying, using a standing mixer, combine egg whites, cream of tarter, and powder sugar and mix on medium speed until stiff peaks form about 7 minutes
- Scoop the icing into a piping bag
- Once the chocolate covered oreo is harden, using the icing, pipe on the detail of the Black Panther face onto all of the oreos
- Let icing harden for 30 minutes
- Doing only one oreo at a time
- Repeat step with remaining oreos
Like BLACK PANTHER on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/BlackPantherMovie
Follow BLACK PANTHER on Twitter: https://twitter.com/theblackpanther
Follow Marvel Studios on Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/marvelstudios/
BLACK PANTHER arrives in theatres everywhere on February 16, 2018!