2011 has been quite a year for me. Of course there were some down points, but the one thing I can say about it is that this was a year I truly dedicated to finding peace in my life. No, I’m not all the way there yet, but I’m a whole lot closer than I had been in the past. So, as I begin 2012, my goal is to add more vision to that search for peace.
I’ve had a lot of talks over the past few weeks with my girl Bernetta, who blogs at WIFE2010.com. Now, this girl has had an incredible 2011! Some would call it luck, but she accredits all of the wonderful things that have happened to her to her vision. She shared with me how she put together an actual “vision board” highlighting all of the things she was going to accomplish. I promised myself I was going to put one together for 2012 and I’ve started working on it. Granted, it’s not a cardboard display in my living room, but since I’m a digital kind of gal, this is the next best thing. I’ll be sure to share it once it’s completed.
Here are some of the highlights:
- Welcome Baby # 2 into the Adams household with open arms! Successfully plant the seed of a lifelong bond between two siblings.
- Read The Purpose Driven Life. This is the book I’ve been “meaning to check out” for a long time. I’m doing it! I’d love to say I’d do more pleasure reading, but who am I kidding? (refer to #1)
- Become a Mommy Blogger Extraordinare! What does this mean? More of everything regarding my blogs! More blog hits, more followers, speaking engagements, become a brand ambassador to more brands, more people touched, influenced, inspired or just humored by something I write or share on my blogs! I can’t express enough how much a kind word or comment on my blogs makes me feel like this is all worthwhile and I’m doing something right. Honestly!
- Write an e-book. It has been my life long dream to be a writer and although I’ve had some works published, I must finally complete a piece of work this year!
- Continue to live life without limits. I’ve been able to do this for the past few years now and I can truly say that this has brought me more happiness and fulfillment than I could ever imagine. I’ve had ideas and thoughts and just gone for them – with no excuses, doubts, or acknowledgment of the naysayers! Not that everything I’ve tried has been 100% successful (yet), but I’ve been so proud just to say that I’ve gone for it!
With that said, I’d like to wish all of you a very Happy New Year and I pray that you all are able to fulfill your visions for 2012!