Broccoli and Bow-Tie Pasta Salad Recipe
Here’s another tasty summer salad to try – Broccoli and Bow Tie Pasta Salad. Really, beyond this season, I think this might be one my kids will enjoy, so I may be able to add this to my back-to-school favorites as well. Remember a few weeks ago when I talked about the salt curing technique? For this pasta salad recipe, the addition of salt-cured lemons to this recipe really brings it to life. Although you should be totally fine with regular lemons, the briny cured lemons tend to season the dish with pretty intense flavoring.
- 1 cup Farfalle Bow-Tie Pasta, cooked according to package directions
- 1 head broccoli florets only
- 1 red bell pepper core removed and cut into thin slices
- 1 yellow bell pepper core removed and cut into thin slices
- 4 sliced preserved salt-cured lemon, finely chopped including rinds
- 1/4 cup dried cranberries [optional]
- 1 cup traditional Greek yogurt full fat
- 2 cloves garlic finely minced
- 2 T. high-quality extra virgin olive oil
- 2 T. fresh lemon juice
- 1 T. fresh lemon zest
- salt and black pepper to taste
In a glass bowl, combine yogurt, garlic, olive oil, lemon juice, and zest with a fork or whisk. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
Place broccoli florets into a microwave safe bowl with 1 T. water, cover and microwave until slightly tender, about 4 or 5 minutes. Microwave times vary, so check after 3 minutes and adjust time accordingly. Set aside to cool completely.
In a large bowl, combine cooked pasta, steamed broccoli, red and yellow pepper, cured lemon and cranberries. Toss to mix well. Add some yogurt dressing and toss again until thoroughly combined and serve.
Tip: You can make this recipe a day or two ahead and store in the refrigerator, so it’s perfect for taking to summer gatherings, potlucks, lunches, etc. Enjoy!