I had a chance to “meet” Torch, My Blazin’ Dragon just a few weeks ago at a blog conference and I have to admit, I didn’t quite get what all the fuss was about at first. Then I had a chance to play around with Torch a bit and discover all of the fun and surprises Torch had in store and it became pretty apparent. Needless to say, when I got home from the conference and shared some pics with my kids, they literally went crazy. I’m sure Santa has already gotten a few notes about this fur real dragon actually.
The FurReal Friends Torch, My Blazin Dragon, featuring Torch the fire-breathing baby dragon that is sure to capture the attention and imagination of kids aged 4 years and above. Torch responds to touch with over 50 sounds, lights and movements combinations. Kids can give him water, feed him and watch him roast his favorite dish with fire like fumes. Yes, it’s really pretty cool and is really a step into the next generation of robotic toys utilizing technology that responds to touch with a range of sounds, movements and lights.
Torch is also pretty cute with his big adorable eyes and soft plush fabric, so kids will love to cuddle him when he is not spurting fire. Measuring 8 x 14 x 14.8 inches and weighing 4.3 pounds, Torch is just the right size for cuddling.
How the FurReal Friends Torch, My Blazin Dragon works
Sensors around Torch’s nose are what make it possible for him to respond to different touch sequences and even know when he is picked up for a cuddle. The red LED light in his mouth and cold mist he breathes from his mouth creates the illusion of him breathing fire.
Fill his tank with water, and Torch will breathe flame colored mist. The cold mist comes from that water poured. The flame like colored mist changes the color of the plastic marshmallow food Torch feeds on and makes it appear roasted.
If you’re considering the FurReal Friends Torch, My Blazin Dragon as a gift idea for the little ones in your life, here’s what you should know:
• Touch the Dragon’s nose or chest to activate sensors for audio responses, sounds bobbing side-to-side head movements, and lights
• The toy makes cute little sounds like sneezes, gurgling, meows, purring, cooing, chortling and snoring plus a combinations of movements and is fun to play with
• Torch the dragon provides spectacular fire and vapor breathing illusions
• The is recommended for children ages 4 and up and should be kept away from from children under 3 years of age as it contains small parts that the kids could swallow and cause them to choke.
• The toy is made of quality plastic material with plush fabric covering, so it is comfortable to hold and play with
• The dragon runs on 4 size C batteries
The Real Deal
This is not a toy that falls under the category of education toys for kids. It’s really just a fun toy that will keep your kids entertained. Kids love the illusion of a fire-breathing dragon and, while this is not the scary dragon that appears in movies, the toy does feature a multitude of effects through the fire-breathing feature, sounds and lights that make it appear almost real and pretty fascinating to watch. FurReal Friends Torch, My Blazin Dragon retails for $50 on Amazon.com.
Want to be featured in our Gift Guide? Email me at lovepeacemommy (at) gmail (dot) com. to get started!
See more of the hottest toys for kids this season by our friends at The Toy Insider!