Healthy Trail Mix Recipe
Trail mix is such a great snack. It’s usually my go-to snack on days I’m on the go or too busy to prepare anything. I usually just buy a bag of trail mix – one of my favorites is the trail mix by Aloha because it’s organic, gluten-free, and Non-GMO, so eating it feels a lot better for me. Unfortunately, you’ll find that some of the store bought mixes are loaded with sugar, preservatives, dyes, and unhealthy fats. When I do need them in bulk, though, I’d prefer to just make my own trail mix. If you want to give your family something delicious and healthy, sometimes making your own trail mix only makes sense and is pretty easy to do. Here’s a simple and healthy trail mix recipe you can try and can also be altered to fit your tastes.
- 1 cup nuts almonds and walnuts are the healthiest options
- 1 cup seeds roasted sunflower or pumpkin are tasty options
- 1 cup dried fruit cranberries, blueberries, and cherries are all delicious, try a mix of different fruits
- 1 cup of granola bar pieces use the hard bars and break them into small pieces
- ½ cup of mini dark chocolate chips dark chocolate has health benefits and adds a bit of decadence
Mix all the ingredients together and store in an airtight container. You can also portion out into zip top bags in ¼ cup servings.