I start every year with a spiritual cleanse and detox for my mind, body and spirit. It’s less of a resolution and more of a time to reset and regain focus on the things that matter most to me. For those of you who are unfamiliar with the detox practice, detoxification is all about taking a rest to nourish your body from the inside. Detoxification has been practiced for many centuries by different cultures of the world including Chinese and Ayurvedic medicine systems. Going for a seasonal detox is a very effective way of clearing your body of dangerous toxins, which build up in the body over time. This process is great as it helps in speeding up your metabolism as well as enhancing your overall body health.
5 Tips and Secrets for Detoxifying Your Whole Body
There are so many detox tips out there that you can use and here we have a few that will help you to effectively help your body detoxify. These include the following;
1. Eating a lot of fiber including organic vegetables, fresh fruits, brown rice among others and drinking a lot of water daily.
2. Cleansing and protecting the liver by consuming herbs such as burdock, green tea and milk thistle.
3. Exercising a lot — jumping rope, practicing yoga or a martial arts exercise system that focuses on cleansing or detoxifying your body.
4. Sweating in a sauna helps you get rid of toxins via perspiration while dry-brushing your skin or trying out detox foot baths/spas helps remove toxins via your pores.
5. Last but not least, don’t forget about your teeth and gums!
I’ll admit, as often as I think to detox my body with healthy foods and stuff, I had never thought to detox my gums! Outside of regular dentist appointments, my gums don’t get a lot of quality time and attention, but this year, I partnered with Crest and introduced the new Crest Gum Detoxify toothpaste into my routine so my smile could be as healthy as the rest of me. I quickly learned that if you’re not taking care of your gums, you’re not taking care of you! The revolutionary new paste is specially formulated with Activated Foam technology that reaches below the gum line, where even the most diligent brushers may not be able to reach, to significantly improve gum health, leading to clinically proven healthier gums! It comes in Deep Clean, Extra Fresh, Gentle Whitening and Two-Step varieties and is now available in drugstores, mass retailers and eCommerce sites nationwide.
For more information about Crest Gum Detoxify, visit www.crest.com, Like Crest on Facebook and Instagram or follow @Crest on Twitter to receive updates and learn more about oral health.
Disclosure: This post is sponsored and inspired by Crest. As always, all thoughts and opinions are mine alone.