Disclaimer: I received a Google Chromecast Audio for free for this review.
One reason I love working with Best Buy is the fact that I get to learn about and play around with some of the coolest gadgets out there. Most recently, I got to experience the Google Chromecast Audio. Have any of you tried this out yet? The Chromecast Audio is a device that enables you to play music on your speakers, new or old, wirelessly from your phone, laptop or tablet.
Here are 5 things to know about Google Chromecast Audio:
- Google Chromecast Audio can be set up from any one of the following devices:
• Android phones or devices with Android Jelly Bean 4.1 or later;
• iPhone or iPad with iOS 7 or higher;
• PC with Windows 7 or later;
• Chromebook with Chrome OS 28 or later;
• Mac computers with Mac OS 10.7 and later.
2. You can use just your phone to play, pause, or change the volume from anywhere in the home. You can still text or call while streaming without interrupting what’s playing or draining your battery.
3. It is powered by the cloud which means that you stream over Wi-Fi instead of Bluetooth. Among the many advantages of using wifi over Bluetooth, this brings a higher sound quality to your music.
Enjoy hundreds of your favorite audio apps
4. You can stream millions of songs, radio stations, and podcasts through apps like Pandora, Spotify, YouTube Music, and Google Play Music. Find more at chromecast.com/apps
5. Last, but not least, Chromecast Audio allows you to play music everywhere with the Multi-room feature. You can easily fill every room in your home with synchronous music. All you have to do is group Chromecast Audio devices together so you can listen to the same song on multiple speakers.
Google Chromecast Audio is available now at Best Buy and retails for just $35 with a price match guarantee. Click here for more information about it or to try it out for yourself!