Looking for the perfect socially distant/pandemic approved family outing? The all new Jurassic Quest Drive Thru is it!
Jurassic Quest is an interactive Drive Thru experience featuring lifelike moving and roaring dinosaurs, complete with an audio tour describing these fascinating creatures from the prehistoric era. It opened up this past weekend at Atlanta Motor Speedway, although they have been making appearances all over the country. I shared with the kids that we were going and neither they nor I had any idea what to expect. I mean…a dinosaur park in 2020? So many thoughts…haha
Once we got to the Speedway, we could immediately see the location of Jurassic Quest. I mean, the giant life-like dinosaurs kind of gave it away. It was a pretty simple process though. You pull up to the entrance, the attendants greet you (while keeping their distance) and you’ll be given a link to the audio tour. Then you just follow the guide through a series of dinosaur eras and species while listening to your audio tour. The kids really enjoyed it and got to learn a bit in the process too.
Jurassic Quest will be at the Atlanta Motor Speedway through August 8th; open every day from 9am to 8pm. Tickets should be purchased online prior to your visit at https://www.jurassicquest.com/events/drive-thru-atlanta. Your tickets will assign you a time slot to enter.
Before you go though, here are a few tips to maximize your experience at Jurassic Quest:
- Get there early in your time slot! We were there for the media preview and ended our tour just as the experience opened up to the public and the line of cars waiting to enter was pretty massive!
- The entire journey should take you just about an hour max. This was with us taking our time at each exhibit, taking pictures, etc.
- You’ll want to make sure your phone is connected to your car stereo via Bluetooth or an aux cord. It makes it easier for the entire vehicle to hear the audio during the tour.
- If you’re planning on taking pictures of the exhibits, have the “photographer seated on the driver’s side.
- At the end of the experience, just past the gift shop, there is an opportunity for a family photo, in in addition to your FREE Souvenir Photo offered by Jurassic Quest that’s in your vehicle.
Place: Atlanta Motor Speedway
Date: July 31 – August 16, 2020, Timeslots and hours will vary by day (Closed Monday & Tuesday, August 3 -4)
Hours: 11 am – 8 pm opening day, June 12; 9 am – 8 pm daily
Admission: Tickets available online, https://www.jurassicquest.com/events/drive-thru-atlanta
Cost for entry: $49 per vehicle.
Would you like to experience Jurassic Quest with your family? Follow the instructions on the rafflecopter below by Tuesday, Aug. 4th at 12PM!