Now’s the time to start making your Summer plans for the family and even some last minute Spring Break plans if you haven’t nailed those down already. Fortunately, you’ll find that there are quite a few local getaways that are only a few hours away from Atlanta. I can usually commit to 6 hours or less with the family before we all get a little cranky and restless. Be sure to check out this list below to find some great Spring Break Deals and other packages to make your family getaway even more affordable and easy for you!
Local Getaways only Hours from Atlanta:
Whether you’re vacationing for Spring Break or into the summer months, Holiday Inn Resort at Jekyll Island is the perfect place to balance relaxation with a little family fun. With oceanfront views on pristine Jekyll Island and savings of up to 20 percent on room rates, The Holiday Inn Resort Jekyll Island is the perfect vacation only a few hours from Atlanta!
Holiday Inn Resort offers family-friendly activities throughout the day and the evening. For Spring Break, the on-site activities manager plans beachfront activities such as water gun fights, selfie scavenger hunts, and arts and crafts. During Easter weekend, the resort will hold an Easter egg hunt, Easter bunny Olympics-style games, and a “find the Easter Bunny scavenger hunt.” In the evening, families can relax around the outdoor fire pit and enjoy nightly entertainment, including live music and outdoor movies.
Families who plan ahead and book their stay more than two weeks in advance will save up to 20 percent on room rates at the resort. The 157-room beachfront hotel provides 21 suites, which are perfect for families. The Kid’s Suite, a guest favorite, includes bunk beds for the little ones and a separate bedroom for parents, as well as a kitchenette with a mini-fridge. The majority of the rooms have ocean views and all the suites include private balconies with views of the Atlantic Ocean. Holiday Inn Resort also has a select number of pet-friendly accommodations available for the furriest of guests..
I’ll actually be visiting this resort this year, so stay tuned for the full review! For additional information, or to book a vacation, visit http://www.hijklresort.com/.
This April through June, seven Disney Springs Resort Area Hotels In The Walt Disney World® Resort In Central Florida are offering Appealing “Florida & Georgia Resident Rates. If you are a Georgia resident and are interested in fun local getaways, you should check out the appealing “Florida & Georgia Resident Rates” that are being offered by the seven Disney Springs Resort Area Hotels in Central Florida for stays from April 1-June 30, 2016.
The Disney Springs Resort Area Hotels’ “Florida & Georgia Resident Rates” for stays April 1-June 30, 2016 are:
• B Resort & Spa – rates from $130 per room, per night
• Best Western Lake Buena Vista Resort Hotel – rates from $75 per room, per night
• Buena Vista Palace – rates from $89 per room, per night
• DoubleTree Suites by Hilton – Orlando Lake Buena Vista — rates from $129 per suite, per night
• Hilton Orlando Lake Buena Vista – rates from $109 per room, per night
• Holiday Inn located in the Walt Disney World® Resort – rates from $99 per room, per night
• Wyndham Garden Lake Buena Vista – rates from $77 per room, per night.
For more information on the special hotel rates, or to make a reservation, visit HERE.
(Guests must show a valid Florida or Georgia driver’s license, or state-issued identification card, upon check-in. Some blackout dates may apply, and availability may be limited.)
Imagine a fun and affordable mountain escape to High Hampton Inn for an enticing array of family activities such as llama hikes, swimming in the property’s private 35-acre lake, kayaking, fishing, tennis, golf and more! If you’re looking to enjoy soaking up the sights or relaxing at the spa, High Hampton is also the place to help you unplug from the stress of everyday life.
Beginning the first week of May, High Hampton Inn will welcome guests for the 94th season to enjoy mountain recreation, events and that exceptional North Carolina hospitality!
This Mother’s Day Weekend (May 6-May 8), High Hampton Inn is offering a special package to celebrate moms. Enjoy accommodations, breakfast and dinner each day for just $236 per night for two people. Children 12 and under are free. For children 13 and older add $76 per night when joining parents in the same room.
Here are some more great travel deals will help put a summer mountain getaway within reach.
**Reservations can be secured by calling 800-334-2551.
Remember my review of Crown Reef Beach Resort & Waterpark a few years ago? That still remains one of my favorite local getaways, especially for families with younger kids.
The oceanfront Crown Reef Beach Resort & Waterpark, which was renovated in the last two years, offers a full waterpark with two 4-story water slides, a kiddie slide and kiddie waterpark, the longest oceanfront lazy river in the area, multiple pools, a new arcade, ice cream shop and oceanfront dining. Mom and Dad will enjoy the free WiFi, coffee bar, mini-kitchens in most rooms and the ability to do laundry on site. Rates from $55/night.
At Captain’s Quarters Resort, not only will families find plenty of water fun, including the Shipwreck Lagoon water area, six whirlpools and a lazy river, but an on-site bowling alley, arcade and free parking for one vehicle via an attached garage. Most rooms come with private balconies, microwaves, refrigerators and more. Rates start at $39/night for select dates.
Located along the prime Golden Mile section of Myrtle Beach, the multi-building Caravelle Resort features a block-long poolscape with a kid-size lazy river, pool and hot tub. There is also a larger lazy river, indoor heated pool, game room and sundeck. Families can choose spacious condo-style rooms to spread out, and most rooms come with refrigerator, microwave, stove/oven and toaster for enjoying quick meals in room. Rates start at $45/night.
Landmark Resort would be the perfect destination for parents of teens, rather than younger kids. Teens will find plenty to keep them busy at Landmark Resort, which offers access to the H2OASIS Waterpark. There’s also a free mini-golf course, indoor and outdoor lazy rivers, large oceanfront pool, lots of whirlpools, Java Bar serving Starbucks Coffee, a video arcade and an exercise facility. Choose from standard-size hotel rooms all the way up to penthouse suites and enjoy a variety of on-site dining. Rates from $39/night.
The brand new multi-purpose lounge and recreation center at Beach Cove Resort is also the perfect hangout spot for teens. They can grab a breakfast wrap at the Grab ‘n Go Grill and Coffee Bar, play arcade games in Winner’s Circle and or sip on a frozen treat at the Tipsy Turtle. There’s also plenty of water fun with indoor and outdoor pools, a lazy river and whirlpools. Rates from $59/night.
If you’re looking for the right Myrtle Beach Vacation resort for your family, be sure to check out this helpful Resort Comparison Chart.
Wilmington, N.C.’s Island Beaches
Another best kept secret not too far from home! These three beaches, each with their own distinct personalities – Carolina Beach, Kure Beach and Wrightsville Beach – offer something different and are all just a six hour drive from Atlanta!
Some the biggest gems to look forward to with these beaches include the following:
1. Less Crowds: The end of the school year through the middle of June would be the best times to go since NC schools are still in session.
2. Availability of Lodging: Visitors to Wilmington’s Island Beaches can choose from an impressive variety of family-friendly accommodations like full-service hotels with stunning oceanfront views and summer programs for kids, or vacation beach homes and vintage motels that will fit the whole family. You’re sure to find the perfect fit for your budget and your family.
3. Try Something New: Explore a vintage (but newly renovated) boardwalk in Carolina Beach: take a spin on seaside amusement rides, sample famous donuts, or take in weekly oceanfront concert and fireworks. Plus, the whole family will enjoy the nearby North Carolina Aquarium at Fort Fisher.
4. Easy to Get There: As North Carolina’s most accessible coastal destination, it’s easy to get here and even easier to navigate once you arrive. Forget the plane tickets and losing two days of flying to get there and home; rather pack your bags to experience sunshine, salty air and relaxation at its finest – only a car ride away!
5. River to Sea: While you’re in town, discover why nearby Wilmington was named “America’s Best Riverfront” by USA TODAY while strolling along the Riverwalk. Enjoy scenic views of the Cape Fear River, waterfront restaurants and shops, history, arts and culture, and more. Wilmington is just a quick 20-30 minute trip from the Island Beaches!