We bloggers are sometimes in a league of our own in terms of the language we use. We add to our vocabularies and even coined strange terms like “Wordless Wednesday,” “Blogosphere,” “Linky,” and a host more that make the average non-blogger wonder, “What the hell is that?”
NaBloPoMo is one of those.
NaBloPoMo stands for National Blog Posting Month. It’s where thousands of bloggers come together and challenge themselves to post every single day for a month. Sounds like an easy task, but it’s far from it! As much as I love to write and share stuff on my blog, let’s face it, I’m horrible with anything that resembles a routine. That’s probably why I’ve never done it before.
However, what’s different this time around is that I’ve made blogging my full time job and if a challenge like this is what’s needed to stay committed and grow my blog, I’ll do it. There are writing prompts we have the option to use for each day of the challenge, though I can’t promise to follow this since I’m such a rebel and all. Nonetheless, here they are:
- Monday, November 2 -What was the one toy that a friend had that you wished you had when you were little?
- Tuesday, November 3 -What did you think was the coolest job in the world when you were younger? Do you still feel that way now?
- Wednesday, November 4-When you were a kid, did you want to have the same job or a different job than your parents when you grew up?
- Thursday, November 5-What is the most important lesson you learned as a child, and who taught it to you?
- Friday, November 6-What was your biggest fear as a child? Do you still have it today? If it went away, when did your feelings changes?
- Monday, November 9-What is the first thing you do every single day (I mean, after you hit the snooze button)? When did that step in your routine begin?
- Tuesday, November 10-What is the hardest part of a big project: getting the energy to begin, finding the time to work on it, or feeling down that it’s over?
- Wednesday, November 11-What was the last thing you fixed or built?
- Thursday, November 12-If you had a personal assistant who would do your most dreaded tasks, which items from your to-do list would you assign out?
- Friday, November 13-Describe your ideal day off. What would you do with your time?
- Monday, November 16-Pretending you have the expertise to make the product a reality, what do you wish you could invent?
- Tuesday, November 17-What is one place you need to see to feel like your life is complete?
- Wednesday, November 18-What do you hope people remember about you after you’re gone?
- Thursday, November 19-Where would you want to retire if money wasn’t an issue?
- Friday, November 20-What do you hope happens by the end of this year?
- Monday, November 23-What do you do better than anyone else?
- Tuesday, November 24-Who is an expert you admire and why?
- Wednesday, November 25-Do you think it’s better to be a recognized expert for one thing, or known to be really good at lots of things?
- Thursday, November 26-If you’re celebrating Thanksgiving today (or even if you’re not!), tell us about the best cook in your family.
- Friday, November 27-What’s the best purchase you ever made?
- Monday, November 30-What do you like to do to celebrate an accomplishment?
So can I get a “You go girl!” or “You can do it!?”
Are there any bloggers taking the challenge with me? Leave a link to your blog in the comments section and let’s support each other. Ready…set…BLOG!