I shared the Learning Resources Code & Go Robot Mouse Activity Set in my list for the 13 Best STEM Toys for Kids Post earlier this year and it’s definitely worth mentioning again.
The Learning Resources Code & Go Robot Mouse Activity set is designed to bring the somewhat complex art of computer coding to a level that is understandable to kids and it does so excellently. This toy set introduces the basics of coding in an easy and fun-filled way that will turn kids into little programmers in no time.
Through the simple concept of building a maze, hiding a piece of cheese within the maze, and giving a mouse instructions on how to get to the cheese, this Code & Go Robot Mouse Activity set turns coding into a fun and easy-to-do activity. The set comes with 22 maze walls, 30 coding cards, 10 double-sided activity cards, 16 maze grid pieces, 1 cheese wedge, 3 maze tunnels and Colby the mouse. The play pieces combined allow for an endless array of play possibilities including:
• Creating mazes in a variety of patterns ranging from anything as simple as an ‘L’ shape design to something a little more complex like a series of mazes in varying patterns
• Creating a code sequence using the coding cards and entering the sequence into Colby. The coding sequence can include anything from as little as 1 step to as many as 40 steps.
• Allowing kids to enjoy double the fun or engage in a little competitive play by investing in Jack another programmable robot mouse that is sold separately
• Can be played on the maze grid as well as on any flat surface such as a tabletop or the floor
• Comes with an activity guide that helps kids familiarize themselves with the game
• Leaves plenty of room for growth thanks to its endless maze possibilities. Therefore, the Code & Go Robot Mouse Activity Set will remain relevant to your child for years.
• Allows for the building of simple and complex mazes thus allowing kids to play at their own pace
• Colby the mouse has an adorable look that kids will love
• The maze grid features several deep lines spread across its expanse that ensure maze wall pieces stay in place as Colby rushes to get the cheese
• Colby can move in multiple directions including forwards, reverse, & sideways
Colby the mouse does not always execute each turn precisely and may therefore require little nudges here and there to stay on course when following a long route
Aside from computer coding, the Learning Resources Code & Go Robot Mouse Activity Set teaches several other important life skills. The act of designing a maze (especially a complex one) requires a lot of thought and will therefore enhance a child’s imagination. Programming the mouse to maneuver through the maze to get to the cheese in turn helps kids to develop critical thinking, problem solving, and analytical thinking skills. Formulating a followable path for the mouse also enables kids to develop important coding skills including directional concepts, sequential thought processing, and visual tracking skills. And the best part is that all of these benefits are offered in a fun, easy, and affordable way. Therefore, as far as value for money is concerned, this Code & Go Robot Mouse Activity set more than delivers. The Learning Resources Code & Go Robot Mouse Activity Set is available HERE on Amazon.com for $37.[ezcol_1quarter]25 STEM Gifts for Kids[/ezcol_1quarter] [ezcol_1quarter]25 Educational Gifts for Toddlers[/ezcol_1quarter] [ezcol_1quarter]20 Gifts for Teens under $20[/ezcol_1quarter] [ezcol_1quarter_end]20+ Gifts for Teachers under $20[/ezcol_1quarter_end] [ezcol_1quarter]*[/ezcol_1quarter] [ezcol_1quarter]20 Gifts for Couples[/ezcol_1quarter] [ezcol_1quarter]20 Hostess Gifts Under $20[/ezcol_1quarter] [ezcol_1quarter_end]*[/ezcol_1quarter_end]
Want to be featured in our Gift Guide? Email me at lovepeacemommy (at) gmail (dot) com. to get started!